Location: UK Mobile Worker (mostly remote working with in office as required)
Leidos are currently seeking an Infrastructure Architect to work as part of the engineering team supporting our Government clients. This is a varied role and requires someone adaptable to change requests, the ability to re-architect designs and be able to identify solutions across both legacy and on-premise systems and services.
As an Infrastructure Architect you will provide leadership, assurance and technical governance of the system solution as a whole, covering technical, service and process aspects. You will call upon other subject matter experts (SME’s) and technical architects to assist you in developing solutions that meet the customer requirements, whilst engaging with systems engineers to ensure that solutions are deliverable and maintainable.
Joining this team you will play a role in supporting the ongoing cloud migration project in addition to supporting changes to the existing on-premises solution, providing Infrastructure solutions expertise into both support teams.
You will be tasked with working on multiple changes and will be responsible for the infrastructure solution design, to ensure that each change appropriately integrates with the current mission critical legacy systems and meets the customer needs, including functionality, timescales and costs.
What will I be doing?
- Defining technical solutions that are acceptable to the client within the project constraints of cost, schedule, resources, and risk.
- Production of high/low level designs that can be used by the engineering team to build a compliant solution.
- Engaging with the Chief Engineer, Lead Systems Engineer and Project and Programme Managers to ensure that solutions are both deliverable and maintainable.
- Engaging with the customer to clarify requirements and how they can be met.
- Represent the company on technical advisory boards and client governance boards.
- Be the point of contact for client technical issues and requirements clarification.
- It will your responsibility to approve customer requirements and technical designs. In addition you will be reviewing Technical Documentation and providing sign off and Technical Governance.
What do we need from you?
- Experience in independently developing technical solutions to customer problems.
- Provide overarching architectural guidance and governance.
- The ability to work under pressure in large multi discipline teams to tight schedules.
- The ability to lead architecture and engineering teams within the larger project.
- Be able to engage with stakeholders from multiple areas of the business including product design, service design, operations including the client.
- Apply excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You should be a self-starter and be able to work with other engineering team members to ensure that the design is complete and ensuring that the lower-level design work is consistent with your high-level designs.
It would be beneficial for the role if you had the following:
- Previous experience of creating Infrastructure Solutions within a mission critical or business critical environment
- Excellent experience of infrastructure technologies and security boundaries.
- Good all round technical knowledge of both Linux and Windows environments and application hosting.
- Security Management knowledge and experience.
- Service Architecture knowledge and experience.
- An understanding of SAFe/Agile delivery Methodologies.
Invent the future with Leidos UK! We pride ourselves on tackling the world’s toughest technical problems through innovation. Join us, be a part of the solution!
Clearance: Candidate must a UK National and be eligible to obtain SC clearance.
What we will do for you
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays);
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme);
- Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plan that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/14/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.