AWS Security Engineer
Programme Name: LCST
Location: Bristol, UK (3 days on site per week at the beginning until such time you have been introduced to the full team, established working relationships with stakeholders and have demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision)
Are you ready to make an impact?..
We are in search of a AWS Security Engineer to join LCST Team based in Bristol. Working side by side with the Leidos Corporate Information Security team and the Cyber Security program team across the LCST programme.
As an AWS Security Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing security measures to protect our clients' data and systems in the cloud. You will work closely with our development and operations teams to ensure that our cloud infrastructure is secure and compliant with industry standards and regulations.
You will also monitor and respond to security incidents, perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing, and develop and maintain security policies and procedures.
- Support the LCST Security Working Groups which require close co-operation with our customer and our key partners
- Responsible for continuous improvement of security of AWS cloud networks and cloud-based systems through closely supporting the build, maintenance and continual upgrade of security controls
- Responsible for ensuring that the cloud (infrastructure, platform, and software) operates in a secure way. Will need to have good knowledge of AWS architecture best practices and best-in-class security standards
- Review relevant Cyber Risk alerts/notifications and MODCERT notices, assess impact on and vulnerability of our solution, define actions to take and work with the technical teams to design, and implement mitigating solutions within required timeframes
- Duties may include protecting, configuring and managing servers and computers systems, installing software and system patches, troubleshooting and maintaining integrity, and improving reliability and security
- Interpret and assess impact from device scanning (device discovery, Operating System (OS) fingerprinting, service scanning), and passive (non-intrusive) scanning, monitoring and operating intrusion detection systems
- Act as IS focal point for cyber incidents and lead IS response to security incidents and alerts
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and support penetration testing.
- Develop and maintain security policies and procedures
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to ensure security best practices are integrated into our cloud services
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security threats and trends and proactively identify potential security risks
- Assist in compliance audits and certifications such as SOC 2, ISO 27001
- Self-driven with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment and deliver results for key milestones targets
- Align with existing Leidos delivery standards and identify/craft/suggest improvements thereon
- Strong experience designing and implementing security controls and best practices
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Cyber Security or a related field
- Experience in AWS security or a similar role
- Strong understanding of AWS security services, such as IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Guard Duty, Macie
- Experience with network security, vulnerability management, and penetration testing
- Knowledge of security best practices and industry standards, such as CIS, NIST, and PCI-DSS
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- AWS certifications such as AWS Certified Security Specialty or AWS Certified Solutions Architect are a plus.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Take control of your career, send us your CV today...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/19/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.