We Need You...
Leidos UK & EUROPE are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our company and would love to hear from you.
If you cannot see a vacancy on our careers page that matches your current requirements, please register your interest in Leidos UK & EUROPE, by submitting an application via ‘Join Our Talent Community’ on the UK careers page and we will be in touch as soon as a role matching your skill set becomes available.
Due to growth within UK programmes, we will need talented Network Engineers throughout the course of 2024…
You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and, while primarily supporting the operational service, also be able to provide material to support change projects if required. Keeping an eye on the technology landscape is essential, too – identification of new and relevant technologies to solve problems and make improvements is part of the job.
- Provide Network Engineering skills and produce solution designs as part of the senior delivery team
- Work with partner delivery teams to design and implement modern, scalable Network using a range of new and emerging technologies including automation
- Lead on all Network management and acceptance aspects including setting standards and providing your deep technical expertise to Leidos programme teams
- Utilise the concepts and principles of verification and validation to produce relevant Network Designs across multiple subject areas
- Collaborate with customers on all aspects of Network management including the assurance and integration of Network services to meet the needs of multiple lines of business
- Recognise and exploit business opportunity by leveraging engineering and design best practice
- Communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context
Favourable If You have:
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of data centre and campus networking technologies: Cisco (routing, switching, firewalls), Palo Alto (Next Gen firewalls), F5 (global and local load balancing), encryption;
- Strong understanding of routing protocols (static and dynamic) in data centre, campus and wide area networks;
- Experience and knowledge of networking – L2/3 networking and routing
- Strong experience of operating high availability data centre networks supporting critical workloads on Windows, Linux and SAN including technical refresh of large numbers of devices;
- Strong experience of monitoring and management tooling including Solarwinds, FMC, Panorama;
- Have good general knowledge of Windows Server Environments, (including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GPO) and Linux (RHEL) data centre server infrastructures;
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
- You must be willing to undergo SC or DV clearance dependent upon the security requirements for the role
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your CV with us today...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/19/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.