We Need You...
Leidos UK & EUROPE are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our company and would love to hear from you.
If you cannot see a vacancy on our careers page that matches your current requirements, please register your interest in Leidos UK & EUROPE, by submitting an application via ‘Join Our Talent Community’ on the UK careers page and we will be in touch as soon as a role matching your skill set becomes available.
Due to growth within UK programmes, we will need talented Project Managers throughout the course of 2024…
If you have a full understanding of the principles of Project Management and prior experience as a Project Manager we would love to hear from you.
These roles will involve accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using your experience in Project Management, you will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute project delivery activities across the full lifecycle.
Your primary responsibility will be to deliver work packages,. Responsibilities will encompass service delivery to an operationally critical IT system, and your role will support maintenance of this system whilst owning deliveries of smaller work packages, and supporting bid work.
The Project Manager role is a critical element to a larger technical programme, and some technical knowledge is desirable. Working alongside a Service Delivery Manager and Programme Manager, the Project Manager is responsible to help deliver the strategic leadership of the project, as well as implementing standard project controls and management tasks.
These roles will be strongly customer facing and as the Project Manager, you will be expected to have excellent written and stakeholder management skills.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Management and control of small work packages; budget, procurement and finances
- Management of Risk, Assumptions and Dependencies
- Stakeholder engagement for mission critical relationships throughout the customer organisation
- Support to the Service Delivery Manager in day to day resource management
- Processing additional customer requests for support End to End
- Internal and External Reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Attending weekly and quarterly customer briefings as a Leidos Representative
- Managing project scope creep, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Support to the Programme Manager, and working collaboratively with other Project Managers, the Commercial Manager and the Service Delivery Manager.
What Does Leidos Need From Me:
- Experience in planning and delivering tasks through engagement with technical colleagues and customers
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile is desirable, but not essential
- Experience in the use of PM tools, ideally including MSP, JIRA and You Track
- An understanding of the Management of Risk
- Have a commercial awareness of contracts (T&M, FFP etc), ATPs, and change requests
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written
- Flexibility and agility in thought and daily working practices to accommodate customer direction
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
- You must be willing to undergo SC or DV clearance dependent upon the security requirements for the role
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your CV with us today...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/19/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.