The Infrastructure Engineer will be based at either our Glasgow or Edinburgh offices to provide Infrastructure expertise and knowledge on Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The work you will be involved with will be both Project work and BAU support work. Your passions and experience will help you become a technology specialist in a particular part of our managed services and add further value to our service offerings.
You will be expected to contribute towards technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the BAU service teams. Ongoing reviews of documentation should be performed to ensure the material remains relevant.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone with a passion for Infrastructure, ideally from a managed services background with experience in cloud hosted and privately hosted environments. You will be self-motivated and be able to multitask in line with project plans and customer SLA's. You must be comfortable speaking to customers and have very good written and oral communication skills.
Ideally, you will:
- Have excellent knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 - 2012, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support
- Have good general knowledge of Networking Technology including load balancing and firewalls
- Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, SCCM and SCOM
- Have good general knowledge of SAN Storage Technologies
- Have good general knowledge of Cloud Hosting technologies such as Microsoft Azure
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer
- Possess excellent customer communication skills
- Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard
- Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
You have the flexibility to choose from a wide variety of benefits that offer you and your family important health and financial protection. These benefits are designed to support a Culture of Health and Happiness, Saving for your Future, Protecting your Income and enhancing your Lifestyle.