Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Working for Leidos gives you the opportunity to be part of a culture that welcomes collaboration and rewards innovation. You will embark on a journey where commitment to the business, your colleagues and our customers are at the forefront of everything you do.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
Using your exceptional communication skills, you will deal with a range of incidents, requests and problems. You will undertake analysis, diagnosis and proactively drive incidents through to effective resolution. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of ITIL processes and their importance in a support environment with specific consideration for Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Following the documented Service Management processes and procedures which align to the ITIL framework that enable the Support Service to achieve KPIs/SLA's
- Ensuring that Incidents and Service Requests are responded to within Service Levels and that customers are regularly kept up to date in order that the customers have confidence that their issues are being actively addressed
- Ensuring all faults are logged and assigned to the correct team so SLA's are met
- Working in conjunction with other IT teams to ensure the successful resolution of any issues
- Escalating to 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineering Teams when appropriate in order to resolve more complex customer issues
- Providing telephone support to customers in a professional, knowledgeable manner to maintain excellent customer relationships
- Proactively monitoring Incidents for trends and potential Problem Records and highlight these to the Service Desk Manager in order to ensure the on-going availability of the applications
- Update the Service Desk documentation for new processes and procedures to reduce the duplication of effort from the Service Desk team
- Producing both customer-facing and internal knowledge base documentation as required in line with company and customer standards
- Actively participating in Continual Service Improvement Activities in order to add value to the services provided to customers
- Ensuring that Major Incident Management Procedures are followed and reporting completed within agreed timelines.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Experience in a Service Desk environment with excellent communication skills
- Good IT Knowledge and Troubleshooting Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- ITIL Foundation V3 qualification or working towards