Description of Business Environment:
Leidos is expanding its Information and Communications Technology (ICT) presence significantly in the UK, with an emphasis on Civil Government, Law Enforcement and Critical National Infrastructure ICT programmes. This opportunity is to support a new contract, based alongside the core team at NATS locations in Southern Hampshire.
This role will interface directly with the Customer and senior management, as well as a number of different stakeholders (internal, external and 3rd party suppliers), providing the managed service environment; service desk, desktop support, network, storage, server and end user computing support. The candidate will be required to undertake the following:
Specific Job Description:
Leidos is recruiting for a highly motivated and experienced network engineer who can provide unparalleled levels of service delivery to a dynamic programme of work. This role will cover the support and administration of a 24/7 business network for one of our customers. Working with the network lead to support project design and delivery coupled with the support of existing systems during core business hours.
• Hold SC security clearance
• Excellent communications skills, organisational skills and independent and autonomous working
• Proven experience in ITIL ICT service delivery
• Substantial proven experience at senior level in the design and management of an enterprise CISCO Network Engineering and Integration experience in a Technical Consultant role
• Experience of Palo Alto Firewalls most notably in design, deployment, administration, URL Filtering and Threat
• Experience of Checkpoint Firewalls, deployment, administration, R77 code train.
Experience of Cisco ASA and Anyconnect VPN.
• LAN / WAN - Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Cisco Enterprise LAN environments, ideally to a CCNP/CCDP level including design, deployment, administration and troubleshooting. Platform focus: Cisco 6500, 3750, 3850 series. Layer2/3 switching and routing, QoS and associated protocols, configured to industry best practice
• Cisco Wireless deployments - Cisco 5508 WLC configuration and management, including Cisco Prime.
• Proven experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine in a dot1x wired environment coupled with wireless and Guest Portals.
• Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience of working with shared document repositories (e.g. SharePoint)
• Cisco CCNP
• Cisco CCDP
• BGP and OSPF
• Palo Alto Firewalls
• Cloud Networking
• BMC Remedy
• Cisco Call Manager 10
Standard Job Description:
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Ideally require a Bachelors degree from an accredited college.
Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education. Considered an emerging authority