Specific Job Description:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to work alongside the Senior Programme Manager for our successful client. This position is a full time, permanent role and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) SC clearance.
Leidos is looking for an experienced Project Manager to come on board and successfully support the leadership of a multi-functional team and to manage identified project delivery aspects of a major air traffic control service integration programme:
- Responsibility for managing Project activities and providing strategic direction and corrective actions to ensure that milestones achieve their acceptance criteria on time and within budget
- Ensure that robust Management Plans (including PMP and IMS) are created, maintained and applied in accordance with industry best practice
- Reviewing and approving risk management process recommendations and ensuring the impact of risks is eliminated or significantly mitigated. Expediting matters as necessary to secure efficient completion of the overall Programme
- Able to operate a highly collaborative environment, both independently and integrated into large teams
- Ensure contract management and development activities are completed to support the programme (in consultation the Procurement, Finance and Legal)
- Proven track record in successfully delivering projects or multiple task work packages.
- Management experience leading project teams to deliver to the ideals of project management, on Time, to Budget, at the required Quality.
- Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 5 years) in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management.
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives.
- Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of engineering principles.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects.
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
- Experience of MS Project (eg. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
- Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. Oracle DB, MySQL)
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles.
- Air Traffic Management knowledge would be highly advantageous
What do we do for you? :
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.