Leidos is a unique and growing systems and service integrator, delivering innovative solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and change in frontline digital services. In response to the demands of the growing business Leidos requires a Software Solutions Architect to support a customer based in Aberdeen, Scotland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing solutions to address complex customer issues, and providing technical leadership within both the customer portfolio and internally. The ideal applicant thrives in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in all aspects of the development process. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an impressive architectural design background and excellent interpersonal skills.
Required Skills and Fit:
The preferred candidate will have the following skills:
- A strong leader, with organisational acumen and personal presence that drives confidence and followership both internally and externally.
- Excellent customer facing and pre-sales skills, including being able to ingest large volumes of requirements and information in a colabrative environment, developing clear understanding of customer hot-buttons and needs, building rapour with the client and leading teams to create holistic, relevant, durable and elegant solutions demonstrating cognisence, understanding and relevence.
- Significant, tangible and demonstrable experience in the solution design of large, complex and mission critical IT systems and services, with a track record of accomplishment bringing credibility to engagements.
- An excellent communicator, ensuring solutions are communicated in relevant, compelling and engaging fashions across written, visual and oral mediums, at all levels from developer to executive.
- Develop architectures that allocate present and foreseeable requirements into discrete partitions, ensuring scalability, robustness, and miminium complexity.
- Maintain an overall system vision by making technical decisions and keeping all stakeholders up-to-date and mantain the agreement on the system to be provided as they evolve.
- Foster an inclusive environment that shares knowledge and engages all peers in the strategic vision.
- Productise emerging technology trends for incorporation into the product portfolio.
- Repurpose tools and ideas from the wider coporation and other sectors into the programme
- Drive technical design reviews within peer settings for all disciplines.
In addition the successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and personal characteristics:
• 10+ years of software systems engineering or architecture experience
• 6+ years of software leadership experience
• Strong problem-solving with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
• Quick learner with an in-depth understanding of the capability
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), including the ability to listen effectively
• Ability to self-manage and work independently, work to tight deadlines, prioritise workloads
• Experience developing software in an Agile environment
• Expertise within STEM disciplines.
• Experience with full life-cycle software development
• Will be requried to undergo security clearance (BPSS).
Solution Architect candidates may be drawn from a variety of differnet roles in other organistaions, including those with titles such as:
• Technology Lead
• Technical Architect