Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Leidos is looking for an experienced, and highly motivated Senior Manager to join the UK Marketing team to support our UK go to market strategy.
The jobholder will require excellent influencing and powerful communication skills in order to be credible and to be able to partner with the UK leadership team and senior management, including Business Development professionals active in the market. A vital part of the role is a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers for Leidos, the sectors in which we operate and our clients.
The jobholder must be creative and innovative and be able to effectively communicate key business messages to a diverse audience in written and presentation formats. Excellent project management skills are required as is a proven track record in opportunity management and sales effectiveness.
The jobholder will report to the UK Marketing Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Business Development Directors, Portfolio Directors and priority accounts to drive pipeline and pursuits for major opportunities.
- Support proposition development and help shape messages to the UK market around the programs.
- Strategic advisor to UK leader on industry activities, growth plans, market opportunities, client issues and channels to market.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to ensure that the broader firm's insight is fed into UK thought leadership, and marketing campaigns and are properly targeted, driven and deliver return on investment.
- Along with capability leads and management team build external relationships with key industry bodies and opinion formers creating an external footprint
- Attend and organize industry events, and ensure effective follow up on these events
- Contribute and develop ideas and insights from the UK community within Leidos and externally.
- 8+ years in a similar role
- Proven track record in Marketing (ideally within a professional services environment).
- Expert understanding of targeting and opportunity management with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strong experience developing client propositions and excellent project management skills.
- Client focused with strong relationship skills.
- Proactive with a positive can do approach.
- Team player; able to actively contribute and participate as a member of the Market team
- The ability to form networks with executives and staff at all levels and influence effectively.
- A sound business understanding as well as being commercially and risk aware.
- Excellent influencing and powerful communication skills.
- The ability to organise and run marketing campaigns and events with gravitas
- Excellent written and oral communication including presentation skills.
- A dynamic, self-starter who seeks to innovate and can work effectively as part of a virtual team.
- The ability to build relationships and communicate with a wide range of people at a senior level.
- Tenacity and robustness, when working across different teams and facing business challenges and an ability to challenge stakeholders.
Education / Qualifications
- Degree educated - 2'1 minimum
- Masters preferable
About The Team
The UK Marketing Team is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, and sales support. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to help deliver
- Revenue growth
- Enhanced relationships and networks
- A distinctive brand experience
The UK Leidos marketing strategy is designed to provide a sharper focus on market issues in order to prioritise growth opportunities and align our resources to deliver them. Our plan is to obtain transformational growth of our market share in the UK and to extend our lead in the markets we compete.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)