What is the role and who will you work with?
We are now hiring an experienced and talented Data Architect to join a Flexible Delivery Team based on our customer's premises. You will work alongside our Programme Manager, Project Delivery Manager and Technical Architect Team Lead.
You will participate in the delivery of work-streams in support of our customer's digital transformation programme, by analysing and documenting the data associated with applications targeted for migration and by identifying potential improvements.
You will lead on the data aspects of the transformational activity including strategic planning for a Data as a Service model.
Your duties will include the following activities:
- Assure and integrate data services to meet the needs of multiple business services;
- Utilise the concepts and principles of data modelling and produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas;
- Develop and sets data standards across multiple subject areas;
- Design appropriate metadata repositories and presents changes to existing metadata repositories;
- Recognise and exploits business opportunities to ensure more efficient and effective performance of organisations;
- Communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context;
- Develop data governance processes around data ownership, terms of re-use, quality and management.
What skills do you need?
You will have an extensive track record of delivering high quality outcomes in a complex environment, utilising the following data architecture disciplines:
- Data governance;
- Data modelling;
- Data standards;
- Metadata management;
- Data innovation.
Alongside your technical experience you will have a successful track record of communicating between the technical and the non-technical domains.
What is your approach to work?
As a senior technology professional you will be:
- A true team player, with an attitude that enables getting the job done by collaborating with internal and external team members;
- Possessed of a customer-centric focus and committed to delivering significant benefit to our customer's business;
- Supportive of other team members and able and willing to deliver effective coaching and mentoring support where the need arises;
- Self-managing, with the ability to effectively prioritise and schedule your own tasks in line with customer and project priorities.