Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
We are currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer to be based in our office in Whiteley, Southampton.
• Design software using functional and/or object oriented methodologies
• Implement software solutions and/or tools that contain logical and mathematical solutions
• Conduct functional, unit testing and/or early system integration testing
• Investigate problems identified during test, including problem diagnosis and resolution
• Prepare operating instructions for the software application and/or tool
• Document and present research findings to relevant stakeholders
• Experience of one or more of the following software development languages or technologies: C, C++
• Experience of Linux operating systems and scripting (e.g. Perl & Python)
• Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
• Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
• Adherence to process within a software development environment
• Knowledge of configuration management within an software engineering environment (e.g. Subversion, Git)
• Experience of Agile development (e.g. Scrum)
• Knowledge of web front-end technologies (e.g. Vue, NodeJS)
• Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. Oracle DB, Mongo DB)
• Knowledge of infrastructure and orcestration techologies (e.g. Puppet, Docker)
• Experience of Atlassian toolset (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
• Experience of the complete system life cycle from problem definition through to deployment
• Understanding of the principles of systems engineering, and integration and test
• Software development within a real-time and/or safety-related system
• Experience of systems / software design tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect)