We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager who will manage the day-to-day Service Delivery on one of our flagship contracts, providing leadership to a diverse Service Operations team.
The Service Delivery Manager is the primary customer contact for programme activities, leading programme review sessions with our customer where you will discuss technical and non-technical achievements and challenges against contractual Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
This position is a full time, permanent role based in Whiteley and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) SC clearance.
Leidos is expanding its Information and Communications Technology (ICT) presence significantly in the UK, with an emphasis on Civil Government, Law Enforcement and Critical National Infrastructure ICT programmes. This job opportunity has arisen following contract expansion with one of Leidos' longstanding customers who are responsible for managing part of the UK National Infrastructure.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Ensuring the execution and performance of the project against its baselines to achieve the commitments made to the customer and business
- Identifying programme problems before they arise/reach our customer and providing solutions to ensure a pragmatic, proactive and positive leadership style
- Implementing the Continuous Service Improvement Programme (CSIP) for IT Services with an emphasis on proactive planning, promoting a customer focused support culture and, improving the accountability of delivering effective IT support services
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined and multi-organisation team; able to use your own team, 3rd party contractors, and, the support of peer organisations, to get the best results for your shared customer
- Involvement in transitioning new services from Projects to Business as Usual (BAU), including creation of relevant procedures and customer schedules and assisting with commercial contracts
- On-going requirement to maintain service documentation/procedures/work instructions and ensuring that customer reports are accurate and sent on time whilst managing customer expectations
- Work to the applicable industry best practice framework (ITIL)
- Frequent direct interaction with the customer and other Stakeholders
- Experience of working in a Supplier/Customer environment under a partnership umbrella
- Managed a Service Operations team of 30+ staff
- ITIL certified with experience of working in secure multi-tenant environments
- Experience in creating Service Designs, Operating Level Agreements (OLAs)
- Service Management in a large-scale and diverse environment
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting
- Experienced at interfacing/presenting to CIO level
- Ability to recruit, lead and mentor technical SMEs
- Ability to matrix manage and prioritise shared use of resource
- Whilst technical knowledge is not essential, it would be beneficial to have a rudimentary understanding of these technologies:
- Storage: NetApp, EMC, Dell, Violin
- Server: Physical and Virtual, VMWare, Networker, SQL, Cloud
- Network: Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, WiFi, ISE, Call Manager
- Other: Remedy ITSM tool, Atrium for CMDB, Solarwinds, SCCM
- Experience of working in a Service Integration and Management (SIAM) environment
Higher than ITIL Foundation certification