Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a BAU support engineer who has experience working within customer environments.
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services.
Our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
This role will be reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, and involves working closely with the wider infrastructure team, customers and end users.
Skills Required - Essential
• 2+ years technical support
• Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of situations
• A collaborative working style and evidence of being a team player
• Good communication skills
• Ability and confidence to engage with stakeholders across the business at any level
• Proven ability to establish and meet SLA's and KPI's
• Worked within an ITIL environment
• Technical abilities in ;
Microsoft Products (Windows Server, SQL, Exchange, Active Directory, Identity Management, SharePoint, ADFS, CA, SCCM, SCOM)
Cloud (Azure, vCloud, Office 365, SAAS)
Virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V, Zen)
Endpoint Management (MDM, Intune, Mobile Iron)
Storage (EMC, NetApp, Blob)
Backup (Networker, Backup Exec, Azure)
• Daily operations and system monitoring
• Responding to alerts and events
• Backup and recovery operations
• Incident and Service Request fulfilment
• Provide 3rd line support
• Maintaining a consistently high level of service delivery for incidents, requests and changes
• Maintaining SLA's and achieving KPI's
What do we do for you? :
- At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
- We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
This position is a full time, permanent role and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) SC clearance.