Want to earn while you learn?
Leidos is now recruiting Software, Network, Cyber Engineering and Project Management Graduate Apprentices for our 2019 programme.
The Leidos Apprentice Programme is highly successful with a strong track record. You will be working and learning alongside talented apprentices that have been joining our teams since 2013, as well as the wider Leidos engineering teams with vast amount of technical experience between them. We believe that apprentices enhance our teams and will integrate you into the wider organisation whilst treating you as any other team member, helping you build a career in our industry.
Leidos offers you the opportunity to get into the world of work early while still learning a degree. You will be working alongside experienced engineers who will guide you through your career development. At the same time you will be progressing through a degree with our partnered Universities. You will be given one day a week to study towards your degree and spend the other four days working on a variety of projects as a full member of our team. After 4 years at Leidos you will have attained a full BSc (Hons) and 4 years of work experience. The position offers exceptional opportunities for growth and will present you with the chance to build your network and professional connections throughout.
Typical day in this role
From day one you will be working with experienced professionals on customer projects utilising a variety of technologies and business skills.
- To begin with you will be given engineering tasks to work on with your mentor who will give you guidance while you are familiarizing yourself with our business practices and business standard tools and technologies.
- After you are acquainted with your team and project you will be given the opportunity to work on more challenging tasks, albeit with the relevant support structure within the business for guidance.
- You will be given the opportunity to get involved in projects incorporating new and emerging technologies. You will be provided with training and access a v ariety of training courses for engineering professionals.
- You'll be given exposure of other areas of the business and will target your development on what you enjoy most and what suits you best.
Who we are looking for
The desired requirements are 4 AS Levels, or 3 A Levels, at Grade B or above or 4 B's at Higher level ( Scottish equivalent ). Equivalent experience or qualifications will be accepted and individual circumstances considered.
- A keen interest in computing/IT is essential.
- Be highly adaptable
- Enjoy problem solving
- Be innovative and resourceful.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passionate about your career development.
Our package includes
£20,000 per annum starting salary with a strong growth plan
33 days holiday
Personal laptop for study
Access to online discount shopping platform
Private medical insurance
Continuous professional development