We have an exciting role for a Project Support Officer to provide support to the Programme and Project Management activities across a set of programmes and emerging oportunities in the Transportation portfolio.
Leidos is a large, multi-national corporation specialising in the management of complex technology programmes. This role fits within the Transport and Energy business in the UK. Working in the air traffic and airports domains, this role is expected to predominantly support our largest UK air traffic management customer.
Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of modern air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the States and approximately 60 per cent of the world's air traffic, including many countries with their own advanced avionics industries. When it
comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, Leidos's proven track record and industry-leading innovations make it the world's most trusted air traffic control partner
Specific Job Description:
The successful applicant will need to gain a good undertanding of the business area reporting rhythms, schedule and deliverables and be able to provide support to ensuring they are are adhered to.
The successful applicant will support project, programme managers and senior programmes staff to deliver projects, and help to ensure that the business rhythms are maintained.
Work location will be mainly located in Whiteley, Hants, UK.
- Ensuring Internal and Customer business rhythms are completed against published schedule, this will include activities associated with (but not limited to)
- Management Reviews (MR)
- In Process Reviews (IPR)
- Customer Reviews
- Risk Reviews
- Financial Reviews
- Arranging meetings; ensuring facilities and required attendees are available
- Prepare and distribute agendas, minutes and supporting documents
- Tracking and management of programme actions
- Maintaining programme management office SharePoint and/or Vector sites for each project or programme.
- Maintaining the programme mailing list, both internally and with customer
- Assisting in upholding the programme Communications plan, including regularly producing and distributing comms to all programme members
- Supporting the achievement of programme performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives.
- Ensuring the programmes key processes are understood and followed. (e.g. Risk & Opportunity, Change Control, Document Management)
- Frequent direct interaction with the customer and other Stakeholders.
- Support to other functions (i.e finance) areas within the business when required to ensure project and programmes meet customer deliverables.
- Proven organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Track record in strong internal relationships
- Ability to develop customer intimacy quickly at all levels
- Experience of working on a customer site
- Experience working within the Air Traffic Management Domain an advantage
- Pro-active with strong self motivation
- Risk and opportunity management
- The ability to obtain SC clearance
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to work towards a formal/nationally recognised PM qualification i.e. APM PMQ or equivalent
What do we do for you? :
At Leidos we offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)