Leidos is expanding its Information and Communications Technology (ICT) presence significantly in the UK, with an emphasis on Civil Government, Law Enforcement and Critical National Infrastructure ICT programmes. This opportunity is to support of the NATS Foundation Services contract, based alongside the core team at NATS locations in Southern Hampshire.
Having won the contract and organised for success, Leidos is recruiting for a highly motivated and experienced professional who can swiftly augment the Foundation Services Support Team, providing unparalleled levels of service delivery to a dynamic programme of work. This role will cover all cross-site infrastructure functions to meet the current and future needs of the NATS business.
Leidos has established this additional infrastructure engineer position to provide increased design, commissioning, support and coordination across new projects and core business areas, providing unparalleled service delivery. This role will interface directly with the customer and senior management, as well as a number of different stakeholders (internal, external and 3rd party suppliers), providing the managed service environment; core platform services, system onbording, network, storage, and server support. The candidate will be required to undertake the following:
Specific Job Description:
The successful candidate needs to be able to provide the required skills to augment the team and be both dynamic and flexible in support, whist operating with the confidence of a Leidos employee, engaging with the customer and tasking manager or team lead on day-to-day priorities.
• Hold SC security clearance
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco UCS, VMware, NetApp, FlexPod, Active Directory, PKI, NetIQ, Infoblox
• Proven background in infrastructure support (especially skilled in virtualisation within the private cloud)
• Practical experience in automation and orchastration tooling.
• Familiarity of virtual and physical support systems
• Awareness in best practice for infrastructure support delivery
• Able to prioritise workload
• Able to execute and perform without assistance, possessing practical experience and applied knowledge
• Support the development and improvement of innovation frameworks
• Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules
• Possess good communication skills - effective listening; speaking and technical writing skills in the English language
• Possess good interpersonal skills - able to build open and productive relationships
• Possess good team skills - ability to work collaboratively with a geographically distributed team
• Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Experience of working with shared document repositories (e.g. SharePoint)
• Capable of detailed technical discussions with service providers, partners and customers
• Good analytical skills and an ability to define and articulate the precise nature of any given situation at an appropriate level for the target audience, whether technical or non-technical
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive
• ITIL and ITSM (Service Now)
Standard Job Description:
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties include deriving customer requirements, producing technical designs, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and develop policies and standards for allocations related to the use of computing resources.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Ideally require a Bachelors degree from an accredited college.
Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education