Specific Job Description:
We are looking for a Junior Integration and Verification engineer to join our team and help us deliver a large-scale systems integration project. As part of an integrated team the succesful candidate will work with customers and suppliers to design, create and execute system integration tests.
This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided as required, the successful candidate will need to have broad systems test experience, preferably experience within large-scale systems of systems integration programmes.
- Review requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of testing.
- Review test plans from other teams to identify any gaps in requirements coverage.
- Create, review and optimise Integration Test Cases.
- Identify data and environmental pre-requisites for Test Cases.
- Execute Test Cases (manual & automated) to verify requirements and find defects.
- Document test results and defects
- Investigate defects and work with suppliers to identify root cause and resolution.
- Analysing data and test evidence from suppliers to show compliance to requirements.
- Reporting progress, risks & issues to Team Leads.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years in a similar test or verification role.
- Understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces;
- Ability to analyse and review test evidence from suppliers;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing or 2 years test experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Good time management and organisational skills - ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Knowledge of test automation concepts such as keyword driven framework;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- Knowledge of the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling tools
- ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.