Leidos Europe is looking for a Finance Analyst to join the UK team based in Bristol. Leidos works closely with its customers to provide ongoing support and services to multiple public sector organisations. This role is primarily concerned with Leidos Europe's largest contract, which supports the UK MoD's procurement, storage and distribution activities.
The role offers the opportunity to work on cross functional teams; interfacing with Procurement, Programme Management, Scheduling, Material Cost Management, Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis.
The individual will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, determination, an ability build productive relationships across diverse skillsets and ultimately will need to deliver on time and to a high quality in a fast paced dynamic environment. It is important that the individual has a team player mind-set, as sharing knowledge with existing members of the highly skilled Finance Team will be critical to success. Opportunities for professional development with external accreditations are also available for further career development.
- Act as the primary finance point of contact for the designated business areas; providing support and information to enable timely and accurate decision making.
- Full planning cycle finance analyst support for product categories.
- Perform financial Estimates At Complete (EAC) in collaboration with cross-functional subject matter experts to support regular reporting and presentations to Senior Leadership.
- Report programme performance including progress to plan, and remaining effort including effects on Orders, Revenue, Earnings & Cash.
- Extracting data and compiling performance reports while assisting with preparing variance analyses.
- Calculation of product cost savings from procurement and life cycle cost reduction activities.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial forecasting process across designated product groups and take ownership of the submitted forecast.
- Evaluate the potential impact of Risks and Opportunities and support operational teams to identify and implement mitigation plans driving profitability.
- Provide in-depth analysis and recommendations for the business, and support strategy development.
- Drive consistency and standardisation across the wider Leidos Finance Team, ensuring compliance to Leidos standards and requirements.
- Support the development of performance metrics and management information for use by programme leadership team.
- Actively support and respond to customer queries and audit requests.
- Support external audit.
- Experience working within an operations-facing finance team, acting as a Business Partner to key Operational Managers & Executives.
- Business (Finance) Acumen.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience of using SAGE ERP X3 is desirable.
- Experience of owning, driving and delivering business results.
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of MoD inventory accounting.
- At least part-qualified accountant; with an intent to qualify with a professional body.
Background in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance or Project Accounting / Controlling preferred. The successful candidate will be from a multi-disciplinary background with a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed above.
- Generate management information reports, presenting product purchase activity by item number, which articulates variance against budget, forecast or historic actuals; presenting:
Split by Channel of Supply Volume purchased Volume demanded Front Line Command / Top Level Budget Ownership / UIN / Authorised Demander WBS DMC Product Category Contract of supply Capital and non-capital spend Other categories as appropriate
- Manage the communication of potential budget overspend and adjustment factors both internally and with the customer.
- Generate a monthly calculation of actual product based gain share achieved and a forecast for the current year and the remainder of the contract, incorporating details of adjustment factors and any other pertinent assumptions. Explain variance to contract, budget and forecast expectations.
- Generate a monthly calculation of product financial benefit achieved and a forecast for the current year and the remainder of the contract, incorporating details of adjustment factors and any other pertinent assumptions. Explain variance to contract, budget and forecast expectations.
- Generate a monthly calculation of any management fee due against product procurement.
- Ensure that the WBS and financial reporting structure is at least to the same level of detail as, and is consistent with the original LCST contract calculations.
- Ensure key accounting assumptions in product management information are consistent with the provisions of existing accepted UK accounting and financial reporting standards and/or international financial reporting standards where applicable.
- Ensure that all management information complies with UK MoD Excel model build standards.
- Audit management information supplied by key subcontractors prior to submitting to the UK MoD.
- Update forecast of expenditure documentation to reflect any changes in costs and associated assumptions.
- Compile and report Commodity Product Supply Payments (CPSP) forecast.