Leidos currently have a permanent vacancy for a Systems Engineer with experience of defining and implementing onboarding designs between complex applications and enterprise service buses.
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The successful candidate will be required to support the execution of Systems Engineering activities on a large-scale system of systems integration project with particular focus on the architecting and detailed design on the integration of application and technical services with an enterprise service bus.This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the principles of system engineering, be able to demonstrate past successes in working within and\\or leading diverse engineering teams and will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer for a major programme involving application\\service integration with an enterprise service bus.Using their experience in Systems Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle
Duties will include:
- Creating/editing XML documentation
- Defining transformation and message filtering ( including XPath Rules ) for FIXM, iWXXM message formats
- Supporting the on-boarding of Application Service Groups for integration patterns and again ensuring best practice approach and mitigating future issues
- Defining robust for the Initial Load Integration Patterns
- Investigating the capability of the ESB COTS products to deliver Fault Tolerant Ordered Message Delivery and the impact of Performance
- Assisting the DEV and Test teams for REST and SOAP integrations /JMS interactions
- Defining and evolving concrete service contracts for Onboarding Service Groups
- Assisting Service Groups with Business Message Responses and HTTP Responses for SOAP Contracts to complete Service Integration Specifications
- Working with the Global Data Model team validating and realizing service artefacts and their maintenance following CRs
- Defining mediation flows within gateway and core integration applications
- Defining ESB constructs relating to security architecture and virtual infrastructure
- Success in working within large-scale and complex integration programmes
- Ability to work with a number of stakeholders and suppliers, working across organisational boundaries and acting as the technical interface between teams as appropriate
- Experience of editing and creating xml documentation, not just in syntax but ensuring good reuse and adaptability for future changes
- Experience with middleware solutions particularly the TIBCO product set
- Experience with Axway gateway products defining and configuring Enterprise Integration Patterns and setting policy filters
- Detailed knowledge of Message Orientated Middleware and integration capabilities in defining datasets and integration patterns
- Experience of working with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience of the following Web Services and Middleware Orientated Messaging:
- SOAP Web Services
- Pub/Sub over JMS and HTTP
- asynchronous Callbacks
- Security and PKI.
- JMS TOPIC and Queue properties.
• ITIL including Service Management Roles & Processes
• Demonstrable commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices
• Knowledge of Air Traffic Management or other safety related systems
Experience of service management, assurance and regulation requirements and how they apply across functional boundaries
• Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches
• Ability to deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation
What do we do for you? :
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
- Private Medical Schene
- Dynamic ways of working