Job Requisition:DevOps Engineer
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Are you a DevOps Engineer with experience working with customers bespoke systems? If you have a passion for outstanding delivery and a commitment to ensuring satisfied customers then working for Leidos is the career move for you.
Due to continued growth, we have a requirement for a DevOps Engineer to join a new team that covers working days with some on call require. Due to the nature of this role Security Clearance will be required so you must hold Security Clearance.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The DevOps Engineer will be primarily based out of the customer’s site in Croydon supporting bespoke applications. You will be expected to provide an excellent customer experience when supporting newly developed bespoke applications in a DevOps environment. Please note that travel to our site in Farnborough may also be required in line with business requirements.
- Identify opportunities to automate and containerize solutions.
- Ensure solutions are well engineered, operable, and maintainable
- Work with IT project management organization to deliver solutions on schedule
- Track and document requirements for enterprise development projects
- Monitor current and future trends in technology which will positively affect organisational projects
- Works with enterprise architects to develop solutions which align to organization and mission needs business
- Ability to interact with senior leadership and customers to promote current technologies and solutions
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Support and promote an environment which relies on teamwork and collaboration
- Have the ability to take larger projects and break them down into manageable work units
- AWS experience is required
- Strong Unix/Linux background
- Experience with DevOps concepts and implementing DevOps
- Must possess Security Clearance
- Experience with web servers such as Apache is preferred
- Experience with Git repositories (specific experience with GitLab would be helpful)
- Experience with Python, Terraform and Ansible
- Pervious exposure to working in an Agile environment
- Worked with Configuration Management Tools
- Continuous Integration Introduction of a CI/CD pipeline
- Experiencing using Docker and Kubernetes
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
Being part of the Leidos team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new techniques. We’re a passionate team and are committed to developing and growing our staff.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.