Job Requisition:Data Architect
What is the role and who will you work with?
We are now hiring an experienced and talented Data Architect to join a Flexible Delivery Team. You will work alongside our Programme Manager, Project Delivery Manager and Technical Architect Team Lead. The ideal candidate will ideally be based in our Glasgow office however other locations around the UK are also an option.
You will participate in the delivery of work-streams in support of our customer's digital transformation programme, by analysing and documenting the data associated with applications targeted for migration and by identifying potential improvements.
You will have experience in pre-sales and contribution to content and pricing for new business pursuits, bids and opportunities.
You will lead on the data aspects of the transformational activity including strategic planning for a Data as a Service model.
Your Duties Will Include The Following Activities
- Assure and integrate data services to meet the needs of multiple business services;
- Utilise the concepts and principles of data modelling and produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas;
- Develop and sets data standards across multiple subject areas;
- Design appropriate metadata repositories and presents changes to existing metadata repositories;
- Recognise and exploits business opportunities to ensure more efficient and effective performance of organisations;
- Communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context;
- Develop data governance processes around data ownership, terms of re-use, quality and management.
What skills do you need?
You Will Have An Extensive Track Record Of Delivering High Quality Outcomes In a Complex Environment, Utilising The Following Data Architecture Disciplines
- Data governance;
- Data modelling;
- Data standards;
- Metadata management;
- Data innovation.
Alongside your technical experience you will have a successful track record of communicating between the technical and the non-technical domains.
What is your approach to work?
As a Senior Technology Professional You Will Be
- A true team player, with an attitude that enables getting the job done by collaborating with internal and external team members;
- Possessed of a customer-centric focus and committed to delivering significant benefit to our customer's business;
- Supportive of other team members and able and willing to deliver effective coaching and mentoring support where the need arises;
- Self-managing, with the ability to effectively prioritise and schedule your own tasks in line with customer and project priorities.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.