Delivery areas/day to day operational activity
- Proven commitment to operational excellence with strong project management skills
- Proven facilitation skills, ideally with an existing portfolio of course content
- Strong business partner, experienced working with technical and non-technical skills frameworks, you will work in alignment with the COE lead to conduct needs analysis and skills mapping across our UK technical core capabilities.
- Work with the wider UK business to complete skills audits and needs analysis as required, identifying skills gaps and scoping best in class solutions.
- Monitor and report on training spend across budgets
- Support business managers and teams with commercial decision making around training spend and drive value for money solutions.
- Effectively manage tenders, onboarding (contract and terms negotiation) with external suppliers.
- Build on existing training supplier/vendor list for UK, working with our Commercial and legal counsel on all aspects of contracts and data storage and transfer (incl. GDPR) relating to training activity.
- Work closely with the corporate US learning teams to design and deliver compliance and mandated corporate content, adapting for UK regulatory and legal environment.
- Design and deliver a core learning curriculum for the UK that cements and builds on our existing capabilities across multiple areas both technical and non-technical.
- Work with the business to develop, publish and promote professional career development pathways for the UK business.
- Provide regular, clear, reporting on all aspects of training activity across the UK business for monthly operating reviews and ad hoc as required by Talent Development Lead and the business.
- Manage content, curriculum and reporting from our Workday Learning Management System.
Great relationship management - engaging style, sense of fun.
Ideal but not essential
Qualified in psychometric assessment or personality tool such as DISC, Insights, MBTI.