Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees.
Leidos is a leader in using advanced technology to support land, air and maritime forces, government ministries, and border and security agencies globally.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Programme Financial Analyst is responsible for providing Programme Financial Control and ensuring the integrity of the financials on the programmes. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting the programme team on several of our UK Government programmes within our Mission Support portfolio, which is based out of our Glasgow office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a key member of Programme Management Team and act as a Finance Business Partner
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Develops, tracks and updates programme baseline including tracking actual costs against baseline, including development and overall management of program Estimate At Complete (EAC)
- Analysis of programme actuals for accuracy, identifying & correcting errors, and communicating issues to Program Management to prevent future errors
- Responsibility for producing programme financial customer deliverables
- Supporting financial presentation for programme or operational reviews
- Support pricing of new business opportunities when required
- Performing both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level. Providing commentary on variances and of any financial Risks & Opportunities against financial forecast
- Accountable for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Ownership of monthly closing process, validating awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & operating income
- Provide excellent Adhoc support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams.
The candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet project and finance deadlines. The successful candidate will take ownership of decisions made.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous experience working on a large programme
- Recognised accounting qualification, or studying towards qualification e.g. CIMA
- Team player but able to work independently and proactively
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work effectively across organisations and with multiple locations
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment.
- Earned Value experience
- Project/programme accounting experience
- Pricing/Cost Estimating experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively to complete work assignments
- Organised, thorough, with attention to detail and good analytical skills
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
You have the flexibility to choose from a wide variety of benefits that offer you and your family important health and financial protection. These benefits are designed to support a Culture of Health and Happiness, Saving for your Future, Protecting your Income and enhancing your Lifestyle.
For more information, visit https://ukcareers.leidos.com/