Job Requisition:Technical Service Manager
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
- 10+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or related discipline, or relevant industry experience
- Broad knowledge and understanding about many aspects of enterprise-scale information technology deployments.
- Hands-on knowledge with three or more of the following core disciplines: RHEL/CentOS, hypervisors (esp. VMware),VPNs, storage platforms inc. SANs, Cloud hosting, Active Directory, Windows server operating systems, network configuration inc firewalls, routing, switching
- Technical experience supporting IT projects within MOD / highly secure preferred.
- Demonstrated strong technical knowledge and understanding within Linux and windows server operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of command enterprise-scale monitoring solutions.
- Experience of managing infrastructure within replica and disaster recovery environments.
- Working knowledge with Windows Server operating systems - interrogating logs, supporting the diagnostics of issues
- Understanding of cloud based infrastructure (i.e. AWS), support the migration and provide long term support of systems within various hosted platforms (cloud, private cloud, on premise, hybrid)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - expect to liaise closely with others and write documentation.
- Flexible to take on additional infrastructure and technical responsibilities as deem necessary.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework using appropriate change control processes etc.
- Demonstrated experience of managing services within highly-available clustered infrastructure components.
- Methodical thinking and logical problem solver for resolving complex problems.
- Self-starter / self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Fast learner and detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
Being part of the Leidos team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new techniques. We’re a passionate team and are committed to developing and growing our staff.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Please note that due to the nature of the role Active UK SC clearance (or higher) or ability to obtain a UK SC clearance within 3 months
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000UK
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.