We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join us on a permanent basis, there is flexibility surrounding location of this role and can be based from any of our sites in Glasgow, Edinburgh or London. We need talented individuals to apply their software development and data engineering skills for solving problems with data across a number of leading sectors including Health, Defence and Government.
We are on a mission to ensure that Leidos stands out in what is becoming an increasingly popular market place. It means creative solutions to problems using innovative design implementation and testing of systems and services with a focus on scalability and sustainability.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
You will work closely with the Practice Lead, Data Engineers and Data Scientists to form an integral part of the team. Our team comprises of a blend of seasoned experts and intermediate level engineers. It is a great place to be able to use your skills, learn from others and form one of the best performing teams in the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build, Maintain and Operate Big Data environments in the cloud
- Debug and resolve data processing and analytics issues
- Proactive in evaluating and developing tools and technologies in improving the data analytics platforms
- Architect and/or evaluate data analytics solutions
- Support development of data integration and data processing processes
- Share and collaborate with analytics and dev-ops teams
- Support creation of Project Plan, identification of Risks, and generation of Risk Mitigation Plans
You will have the following skills as a minimum:
- Experienced setting up and administering Hadoop platforms and data lakes
- Experienced setting up and administer applications in AWS based cloud environment
- Strong expertise in working with Red Hat Linux and Java
- Experience with System Development lifecycle processes and documentation
- Experience estimating task effort and identifying dependencies
- Excellent communication skills
The following would be advantageous:
- Hadoop Certified
- AWS Certified
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
What you do, where you work, and who's on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.