Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
We are looking for a delivery focussed Network Architect who will oversee the transition of network support services from the current technology provider into BAU. This will include supporting any service management design activities, technology review/witnessing/testing and process support, coupled with acting as the Leidos focal point for network related items during this transition before taking the lead role in the support of the environment.
Work with current network technology provider to transition the environment as built into BAU for Leidos to support.
Support the Project Manager and the Engineering Manager to understand any risks, dependencies and issues and the impact that transition could have, whilst mitigating those within their scope.
Engage with stakeholders at all levels to support a successful transition.
Ensure the technology delivered meets the needs of Leidos to support/monitor and control the environment and deploy services to
Work closely with security architect on service governance and assurance.
Work closely with on-boarding teams to ensure service groups comply with the Architecture.
Work with NATS and the current technology provider to impact assess new requirements, design and implement with the Leidos support team
• Substantial experience in operating mission critical highly available, resilient and scalable network and firewall infrastructure
• Understanding and knowledge of issues pertaining to safety and security of critical national infrastructure
• A self-starter with ability to plan and manage own time effectively
• Ability to perform under pressure using own initiative as well as part of a team, taking responsibility and achieving results
• Effective verbal and written communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
Specific Technical Experience
• Experience with Data Centre, Campus LAN and MPLS networks
• Experience with OSPF, BGP, Multicast, OTV and QoS
• Experience designing and implementing MPLS backbones including L2VPN, L3VPN, LDP, MLDP and MVPN
• Experience with externally managed MPLS providers (i.e. BT)
• Experience with multiple vendors and products such as Cisco NX-OS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR, Juniper, HP Comware, Palo Alto, ASA and Fortinet.
• Experience with Orchestration and Automation solutions
• Experience with Monitoring and SIEM solutions
• Strong awareness of ITIL V3
• Experience of delivering solutions in high security environments
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)