Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to work alongside the Project Team across a wide array of business and technology change projects
Leidos is looking for an experienced Project Manager to come on board and successfully support the leadership of a multi-functional team and to manage identified project delivery aspects of a major service integration programme:
• Responsibility for managing Project activities and providing strategic direction and corrective actions to ensure that milestones achieve their acceptance criteria on time and within budget
• Ensure that robust Management Plans (including PMP and IMS) are created, maintained and applied in accordance with industry best practice
• Reviewing and approving risk management process recommendations and ensuring the impact of risks is eliminated or significantly mitigated. Expediting matters as necessary to secure efficient completion of the overall Programme
• Ensure contract management and development activities are completed to support the programme (in consultation the Procurement, Finance and Legal)
• Proven track record in successfully delivering projects or task work packages.
• Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 3 years) in Project Management.
• Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives.
• Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of engineering principles.
• Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects.
• The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
• Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
• Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
• Experience leading project teams to deliver to the ideals of project management, on Time, to Budget, at he required Quality.
• Experience of MS Project (eg. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
• Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
• Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. Oracle DB, MySQL)
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles.