The IS Dev Ops Exception IS Analyst is responsible for incident and problem analysis and resolution on a varied issues arising from incorrect orders and entry's within the application stack, ensuring that the required actions are completed in line with SLA targets to enable business operations to function smoothly. The engage with customers in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring that they are satisfied with the service received. Day to day monitoring of the integration application stack is a key task, ensuring that any potential issues are identified, analysed and resolved before they affect business operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for key corporate application services, during normal working hours and through on-call capability. Ensure that support tasks are completed in line with SLA targets and in a manner that comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide application support to users in response to Incidents, Requests, Events and Problems. Ensure that all actions are completed to customer satisfaction and in line with SLA targets.
- Daily monitoring of systems in accordance with agreed SLAs to proactively identify any issues as they occur and undertake any necessary remedial action. This includes monitoring of IBM middleware stack to ensure that message flows are processing normally, and analysis and resolution of any problems that occur.
- Conduct regular maintenance tasks to ensure smooth operation of applications.
- Maintain Incident, Request and Problem reports in accordance with agreed processes.
- Ensure personal skills are maintained and kept up to date, both in terms of personal development and functional skills in the supported application set.
- Work with partner organisations, sharing knowledge and information to resolve incidents and problems that span organisational boundaries.
- Provide advice and guidance on effective use of corporate business applications.
- Provide support to transition of new applications as they migrate through the development cycle and into production deployment, including enhanced early-life support.
- Assist in acceptance testing of new capabilities introduced to LCS corporate applications
Key Result Areas:
- All incidents, requests and problems are actioned in line with SLA targets.
- Supported application services are delivered to the customer meeting required availability targets.
- All maintenance and monitoring tasks are completed as scheduled and in accordance with agreed SOPs
- Customer satisfaction targets are met.
- All customer interactions, whether through incident, request or problem, are recorded to provide an audit of actions taken.
- Personal development plan is in place and any actions outlined are either scheduled or underway.
- New applications enter live service with a formal support package in place and user experience is of a high quality support delivery during enhanced early life support.