Job Requisition:MPLS Engineer
Work with current network technology provider to transition the environment as built into BAU for Leidos to support.
Support the Project Manager and the Engineering Manager to understand any risks, dependencies and issues and the impact that transition could have, whilst mitigating those within their scope.
Engage with stakeholders at all levels to support a successful transition.
Ensure the technology delivered meets the needs of Leidos to support/monitor and control the environment and deploy services to
Work closely with security architect on service governance and assurance.
Work closely with on-boarding teams to ensure service groups comply with the Architecture.
Work with NATS and the current technology provider to impact assess new requirements, design and implement with the Leidos support team.
On-board services onto the environment once under support.
Support BAU activities.
• Substantial experience in operating mission critical highly available, resilient and scalable network and firewall infrastructure
• Understanding and knowledge of issues pertaining to safety and security of critical national infrastructure
• A self-starter with ability to plan and manage own time effectively
• Ability to perform under pressure using own initiative as well as part of a team, taking responsibility and achieving results
• Effective verbal and written communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
Specific Technical Experience
Cisco CCNP Service or Similar Experience
• Proven experience with the support and design of MPLS networks
• MPLS, LDP, mLDP, OSPF, BGP, Multicast, Pseudowires, OTV and QoS
• Experience with externally managed MPLS providers (i.e. BT)
• Experience with as Cisco NX-OS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR,
• Experience with Orchestration and Automation solutions
• Experience with MonitorinProvider g and SIEM solutions
• Strong awareness of ITIL V3
• Experience of delivering solutions in high security environments
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.