Specific Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced Performance Test engineer to join our Integration and Verification team and help us deliver a large-scale systems integration project. As part of a Performance Testing team the succesful candidate will be integral in the delivery of Performance and Capacity testing activities.
The engineer will work work with customers, suppliers and our I&V engineers to plan and manage the design, creation and execution of Performance tests.
This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided as required, the successful candidate will need to have demonstrable performance testing experience in large scale systems, ideally within a virtualised cloud based infrastructure.
Key responsibilities of Performance Testing team include:
- Analyse capacity and performance requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of Performance testing.
- Analyse capacity requirements and work with supplies and customers to identify a realistic load profile for use in testing.
- Identify tools and methods for load generation including bespoke and data.
- Identify tools and methods for recording and analysing response times to provide statistically significant results.
- Work within the I&V leadership team to manage the delivery of I&V services on the programme including addressing issues, resourcing, planning and reporting.
- Plan, prepare and execute Performance Test Cases.
- Interim ad-hoc performance testing and investigation including 'what-if' analysis.
- Create, review and optimise Testing Processes.
- Document test results and defects
- Produce Test Reports and report on interim progress.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5 years' test experience (or 4 years' experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), 2 of which in performance testing roles.
- Excellent understanding of performance and load testing.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing.
- Demonstrable Performance Testing experience including virtualised infrastructure.
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces;
- Ability to analyse and review test evidence from suppliers;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing or 5 years test experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Good time management and organisational skills - ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Experience of tools such as VROPS, ZABBIX, network monitoring tools;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- Knowledge of the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling tools
- ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with considerable professional experience, or some professional experience with a related Masters degree, or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Considered career, or journey level.