Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Leidos has established this additional infrastructure engineer position to provide increased design, commissioning, support and coordination across new projects and core business areas, providing unparalleled service delivery. This role will interface directly with the customer and senior management, as well as a number of different stakeholders (internal, external and 3rd party suppliers), providing the managed service environment; core platform services, system onbording, network, storage, and server support. The candidate will be required to undertake the following:
Specific Job Description:
The successful candidate needs to be able to provide the required skills to augment the team and be both dynamic and flexible in support, whist operating with the confidence of a Leidos employee, engaging with the customer and tasking manager or team lead on day-to-day priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco UCS, VMware, NetApp, FlexPod, Active Directory, PKI, NetIQ, Infoblox
- Proven background in infrastructure support (especially skilled in virtualisation within the private cloud)
- Practical experience in automation and orchastration tooling.
- Familiarity of virtual and physical support systems
- Awareness in best practice for infrastructure support delivery
- Able to prioritise workload
- Able to execute and perform without assistance, possessing practical experience and applied knoiwledge
- Support the development and improvement of innovation frameworks
- Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules
- Possess good communication skills - effective listening; speaking and technical writing skills in the English language
- Possess good interpersonal skills - able to build open and productive relationships
- Possess good team skills - ability to work collaboratively with a geographically distributed team
- Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience of working with shared document repositories (e.g. SharePoint)
- Capable of detailed technical discussions with service providers, partners and customers
- Good analytical skills and an ability to define and articulate the precise nature of any given situation at an appropriate level for the target audience, whether technical or non-technical
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive
- ITIL and ITSM (Service Now)