Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are looking for a Contracts Manager for Civil and Defence area of Leidos Innovations UK.
The role holder will assist and report directly to Head of Contracts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides commercial, contractual and technical interpretation on contract terms and conditions as the lead for existing contracts with key customers
- Supports the Head of Contracts with contractual interactions with the Customer
- Represents the Contracts team at customer meetings, being able to where necessary present to the Customer and advise on the status of contractual issues and resolution
- Leads in the identification and preparation of contract change proposals
- Review, scrutinize, and develop operational process flows
- Ensure that the financial aspects and impact of the contract are clear to all parties
- Ensurethat all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the customer commercial/contracts team
- Prepare responses to queries by undertaking customs, excise, or export controls technical research
- Some knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing UK export controls (Military and Dual Use) trade procedures and documentation would be advantageous
- Keeps appraised of matters affecting trade compliance requirements
- Must be able to take an active role in the performance of the contract and proactively working to identify risks, issues and opportunities and develop and implement strategies to mitigate the risks, resolve the issues and capitalize on the opportunities, and will be willing to cross functional lines to provide support to the programme leadership team when and where needed
- Support role in regular internal weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual technical and financial governance meetings in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate independently and communicate effectively, both internally, with technical staff, peers, and management as well as externally, with customers, regulators and others
- Good level of understanding of programme technical performance metrics and financial status
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Liaison with other Leidos operating units and corporate departments where applicable
Key Result Areas:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational skills are essential
- Ability to multi-task, in a pressurized environment is also essential
- Provides commercial, contractual and technical interpretation of the contract
- Strong comprehension of programme technical performance metrics and financial status
- Assist with preparation of contract change proposals
- Assist with preparation of international trade compliance reporting, and support to export compliance where required
- Support to Leidos UK in ISO44001 application and compliance
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)