Working for Leidos gives you the opportunity to be part of a culture that welcomes collaboration and rewards innovation. You will embark on a journey where commitment to the business, your colleagues and our customers are at the forefront of everything you do.
We are now hiring talented UX Developers. As a member of a project team, you will support the delivery of solutions by engaging with our customers to establish their needs and behaviours, and translate this into robust requirements. You will also design and execute user research and analyse the output to deliver actionable insights and identify and explore a range of possible solutions, and measure and help refine the effectiveness of the selected solution through usability testing. Finally, you will be responsible for championing the quality and coherence of the end-to-end experience with all project stakeholders, and support UX / UI learning and development needs within our teams.
Maybe you're a front-end developer who has moved into the world of UX, and has a keen interest in user centred design, and appreciates the importance of good user research.
Who DO WE NEED?
We are looking for a candidate with at least 3 years of UX design experience and a proven understanding of user-centred design methods. You should have a strong background of working with software development teams to deliver multi-channel business solutions in an agile environment.
In order to apply for this role you must have the following capabilities:
- Lead effective user engagement via user workshops, focus groups, field studies etc.;
- UX research and analysis;
- User requirement capture and design using wireframes / mock-ups;
- Usability testing and measurement;
- Effective experience of working within an Agile Team;
- Effective communicator in a variety of channels;
- Continuous learner.
In addition to the above, experience of the following would prove beneficial:
- Concepts such as Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) and the tools which support them;
- A structured approach to software development, incorporating concepts such as documentation, coding standards and reviews, refactoring and unit testing.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
What you do, where you work, and who's on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
In addition to a competitive salary, you can experience a whole host of core and flexible benefits including private health care, matched pension, personal insurances, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
You will connect to a corporate environment that promotes and provides personal development supported by career path programmes, e-learning and certification opportunities.