Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
We are urgently seeking an exceptional candidate to perform the role of Senior Cloud Engineer within our Civil, Defence & Health division. This permanent position is based at our offices in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Work with external and internal customers to enable them to achieve their cloud transformation objectives - encompassing the design, development and enhancement of solutions to create efficient business systems;
- Responsible for Innovative Design and Implementation of Enterprise Cloud computing Infrastructure and platforms ;
- Provide technical design input and participation in technical review meetings;
- Provide support and advice to operational infrastructure teams to enable efficient operation and problem resolution of customer infrastructures;
- Define, create, maintain, and enhance systems procedures and documentation to ensure the customer solutions and systems are fully documented;
- Technically lead on the design and implementation of cloud infrastructures to ensure successful delivery of industry leading solutions;
- Provide technical input to the creation of infrastructure project proposals in technical review meetings and for presentation to customers to guarantee best practice and ensure profitable delivery;
- Partner with our internal authorities to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best practises and our architectural target state;
- Develop standardised approaches, patterns and blueprints to secure design, scripted deployment, and maintenance tasks;
- Drive adoption of key engineering best practices, supporting team members to improve quality, efficiency and reliability of deliverables.
Leidos strives to be a recognised global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who's on your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
WHO DO WE NEED?
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Expert level cloud infrastructure systems experience, including server, storage, network and applications (AWS and / or Azure, etc.), including hybrid, Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS);
- Strong experience and track record of building, managing and migrating customer cloud environments;
- Strong experience of DevOps environments, scripting and automation (Infrastructure as Code), with skills in Terraform and Ansible;
- Strong time management skills and project management experience;
- Strong communication and report writing skills;
- Strong business/industry awareness;
- Ability to adapt effectively to changing and challenging circumstances;
Other desirable skills:
- Experience of any of the following:
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Flexible working;
- Contributory Pension Scheme;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays);
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme).
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.