Job Requisition:Lead Systems Engineer
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Lead Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership within an exciting programme that is delivering a once in a generation change to UK Air Traffic Management. Applicants must have experience of defining and designing large scale Systems of Systems Integration programmes and must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance.
The successful candidate will be required to own and drive the Architecture, Requirements and Design elements of the programme through the whole engineering lifecycle. To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who can work at a strategic technical level to produce the high-level designs/overarching strategy/requirements and at the lower level detailed design. Key behavioral skills are the ability to work collaboratively and be proactive in working towards delivery targets. The environment is fast-paced and delivery focused and would suit an individual looking to enhance their career with a technical leadership role that drives a world class solution into service.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the principles of system engineering, be able to demonstrate past successes in working within and\or leading diverse engineering teams and will have prior experience leading Systems Engineering teams for a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using their experience in Systems Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Technical leadership of a significant portion of engineering activity of assigned programme
- Team leadership of a mutli-organisation team of architects and systems engineers
- Production of complex requirements baselines and service design packages
- Production of designs to address architectural gaps
- Close working and presentation to end users and senior stakeholders
- Technical leadership and co-ordination of 20+ lower level service groups to close out their service designs
- Close liaison with overall programme and technical leadership
- Earned Value Managed, Workpackage Management and cost/schedule/technical status reporting
- Risk management of technical areas
- Support to Test and Assurance activities
- Management of interface definitions
- Production of analysis verification reports
- Experience of architecture development across multiple, new and complex interfaces
- The ability to communicate at all levels about high level architecture as well as the low level design layers.
- Experience in converting high level requirements and Enterprise architectures into a Service Oriented Architecture.
- An ability to understand and translate customer needs and expectations
- Demonstrated experience in implementing all stages of the systems engineering lifecycle, at the portfolio/systems integration level
- Understanding of various system development methodologies
- Ability to lead, encourage and influence cross functional and multi-location teams
- Ability to define new processes and drive these through to their implementation
- Experience of working with multiple suppliers and stakeholders
- Confidence to work independently and within a fast-paced team
- Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent verbal communication skills
- Good experience with conducting presentations to stakeholders
- Some ITIL experience (in order to understand framework and best practice and how the designs/functionality produced will be used)
- Experience of utilising DOORS to manage requirements
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management systems or programmes desirable, however experience of equivalent domains or systems suitable
- Experience of transitioning from legacy systems to new capabilities
- Experience of model based system engineering methodologies and outputs
- Experience decomposing system of systems architectures and specification of systems at multiple levels
- Experience of specifying systems/services from user perspective and ability to produce abstract views of detailed internal service design
- Experience in designing Cloud-based Platforms would be an advantage, including large scale system virtualisation and orchestration
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:-
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.