Job Requisition:Senior Programme Manager
Leidos UK is delivering and pursuing a number of programmes across a diverse range of customers in the Defence and Intelligence-related market sectors. This is a growing business environment with a number of existing programmes with follow-on work and new capture opportunities. All programmes and projects in this area are mission critical to the End User and range in size, complexity and duration. All activity is undertaken working very closely with the Customer in an integrated project environment.
The specific programme for this role is classified, but involves the full systems engineering cycle of design through to test and acceptance, including COTS integration and software development.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
The PM will be required to:
- Create and maintain Project Management Plans, Project Schedules, Risk Registers and other PMO documentation.
- Develop transition plans ready for in-service application.
- Create supplier statements of work and work with them to ensure timely inputs and deliverables for the programme.
- Work collaboratively with the Customer to manage change requests.
- Report programme progress to management and The Customer.
- Provide Quality Assurance for programme deliverables.
- Assist in the development of technical briefs and reports Quality Assurance for programme deliverables.
Practical experience of/using:
- Prince 2 practices.
- Waterfall and Agile development.
- ITIL V3 Foundation.
- Configuration Control/Management and associated tools.
- MS Project.
- MS Office suite.
General Skills and Experience
For this role, candidates should have:
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of Defence and Intelligence programmes involving systems integration and maintenance.
- Experience of Total Cost of Ownership/Lifecycle Cost models.
- Earned Value Management (EVM).
Minimum Education, Clearance and Nationality
Ideally, candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. Leidos will also consider individuals with equivalent experience/combined education. Candidates should hold SC clearance minimum (DV-clearance will be required, ultimately) and be British-born nationals.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.