Job Requisition:Application Support Team Lead (2nd Line)
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Are you an Application Support Team Lead or application support analyst looking to make that next step? Do you have experience working with customers bespoke systems? If you have a passion for outstanding support, investigating and resolving incidents and a keen focus on customer support and customer satisfaction then working for Leidos is the career move for you.
Due to continued growth, we have a requirement for Shift Supervisors to join our 24x7 support team. The shift pattern for these roles will be 4 days on and 4 days off covering both day and night shifts. Due to the nature of this role Security Clearance will be required so you must hold or have the ability to achieve Security Clearance.
The Shift Supervisor will be based out of our Farnborough office to manage and be part of a team providing 24x7 support to bespoke applications. You will be responsible for the management of a team of application support analysts, as well as being part of the technical support team. You will be expected to provide an excellent customer experience when supporting newly developed bespoke applications, utilising DevOps tools to provide second line support. As part of your supervisor role, you will also be expected to work with your direct reports as part of standard Leidos processes such as annual reviews, training and development plans and regular 121s. You will also be the point of contact for your team when working with the Head of Application Support. Please note that travel to our site in Croydon may also be required on occasions in line with business requirements.
- Lead the support team in the provision of application support and maintenance services;
- Support the Head of Application Support in implementing company strategy throughout the application support team;
- Support and maintain customer relationships and act as POC for the application support team;
- Manage and communicate capability offerings to the Head of Application Support;
- Ensure that the skills within the application support team are kept relevant to changing technologies of which customers take advantage of throughout their service term;
- Liaise with customers to resolve application support issues;
- Work with newly built applications on new technology stacks;
- Create and maintain detailed service support documentation relevant to the customer applications where required;
- Provide support and maintenance services for bespoke customer applications;
- Be responsible for critical applications and take Ownership of Incidents and Service Requests raised by the customer;
- As part of the support team, work within defined SLA’s ensuring customer SLA’s are aligned to and avoiding SLA breaches;
- Proactively work closely with other support and development teams within Leidos;
- Identification of continual service improvement initiatives as part of application support team;
- Possess expert knowledge of specific applications and provide training for other members of the AMS team in these applications to facilitate knowledge sharing and to be confident when dealing with the customer and other 3rd parties;
- Promote the company and team values and support the team putting them into action;
- Represent the team by ensuring their feedback, views and interests are filtered to the right forums;
- Identify and present initiatives to improve employee engagement, productivity, costs and /or work practices to the Head of Application Support.
Recruitment and Selection
- Work with the Head of Application Support to define staffing requirements and position descriptions;
- Work with the Head of Application Support to ensure the selection criteria is clearly understood and appropriate assessments are in place;
- Provide meaningful feedback on all candidates shortlisted and not shortlisted;
- Participate in applicant interviews;
- Encourage internal staff to apply for open positions aligned to their strengths and/or career aspirations;
- Provide feedback on how to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain a high performing team to meet the sector and program objectives;
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity amongst the team;
- Keep staff informed of company, department, sector and team activities;
- Empower staff to take responsibility for their jobs and commitments;
- Develop Career development plans for all staff;
- Coach, mentor and / or performance manage as and when required;
- Encourage open and honest communication;
- Manage compliance to processes and other corporate obligations e.g. Timesheets, training;
- Hold staff accountable for their performance and their contribution to making Leidos a great place to work;
- Maintain a training plan for staff;
- Support new staff to get up to speed and integrate to the team;
- Energise the team an maintain high morale in a high change, fast paced environment;
- Maintain succession plans for all key roles;
- Create an innovative culture that thrives on problem solving;
- Provide regular meaningful positive and constructive feedback to staff;
Required Skills and Fit:
- Working knowledge of Linux is essential;
- Understanding of ITIL processes and their importance in a support environment with specific consideration to incident, problem, change and release management;
- Experience of working with application monitoring and management tools;
- Understanding and working knowledge of cloud based technologies;
- Experience of working in a DevOps/Agile environment is preferential, but not essential;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to listen effectively;
- Ability to translate technical issues into user friendly language;
- An excellent team player;
- Quick learner;
- Strong self-awareness, and a capacity to reflect on own practice and to learn from mistakes;
- Previous staff management experience is preferential but not essential;
- Proven organisational and planning skills.
What can Leidos offer you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
Being part of the Leidos team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new techniques. We're a passionate team and are committed to developing and growing our staff.
Leidos offer a focus on increasing capability within the teams and individuals throughout the organisation, utilising training and methods to increase skills in relevant technologies and processes, and providing opportunities for career progression. We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Customer Support1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.