Job Requisition:Network Engineer
- Excellent communications skills, organisational skills and independent and autonomous working
- Proven experience in ITIL ICT service delivery
- Substantial proven experience at senior level in the design and management of an enterprise CISCO Network Engineering and Integration experience in a Technical Consultant role
- Experience of Palo Alto Firewalls most notably in design, deployment, administration, URL Filtering and Threat
- Experience of Checkpoint Firewalls, deployment, administration, R77 code train.
- Experience of Cisco ASA and Anyconnect VPN.
- LAN / WAN - Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Cisco Enterprise LAN environments, ideally to a CCNP/CCDP level including design, deployment, administration and troubleshooting. Platform focus: Cisco 6500, 3750, 3850 series. Layer2/3 switching and routing, QoS and associated protocols, configured to industry best practice
- Cisco Wireless deployments – Cisco 5508 WLC configuration and management, including Cisco Prime.
- Proven experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine in a dot1x wired environment coupled with wireless and Guest Portals.
- Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of working with shared document repositories (e.g. SharePoint)
- Cisco CCNP
- Cisco CCDP
- BGP and OSPF
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Cisco ASA
- Cloud Networking
- BMC Remedy
- Cisco Call Manager 10
Standard Job Description:
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.