Job Requisition:Senior Solutions Architect
We require a Senior Solutions Architect/Network Engineer to be the Chief Engineer on an ‘in-flight’ MOD open source intelligence programme. A successful candidate will also be expected to provide technical support to the Programme Manager (PM) with Customer and Partner engagements and securing on-contract growth. In addition, the position may be called upon to support other Programmes and Bids.
The Senior Solutions Architect/Network Engineer will be required to:
• Ensure the technical designs achieve the intended business objectives in line with the technical requirements defined and scoped.
• Facilitate the approval of the designs with the PM and Principal Engineering Manager.
• Perform technical impact assessments for any proposed changes.
• Ensure all designs are well integrated and achieve the intended outcomes.
• Providing overarching support and guidance to the technical team (Dev Ops, Tech Ops and Service Desk) to ensure detailed designs and engineering processes meet derived requirements.
• Develop and own BOMs and BOEs as required by the PM.
• Execute and coordinate Engineering tasks in both technical design document ownership and ‘hands on’.
• Coordinate document production in accordance with the Programme business rhythms and deliverables.
• Lead Partner and Customer technical engagements.
• Provide Chief Engineering support to Defence on contract and Bids for growth.
Nationality: British – many of our projects have nationality restrictions.
Minimum Clearance to take up the post: SC – also Candidates should either hold or be willing to undergo DV clearance.
Extensive enterprise architecture design, knowledge and skills.
Cloud infrastructure architecture design, knowledge and skills.
Specific hands on experience with:
• Cisco Routers / Switches IOS, NEXUS.
• Dell VRTX, Compellent SAN, N Switches.
• VMware, vCenter 6.0.
• Juniper SRX, Juniper Space.
• Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, PKI.
• Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016.
• Linux Centos / Redhat Install / Configuration.
• Service Management tooling and monitoring solutions.
• MS Azure services and solutions.
Customer-facing experience (eg at formal Programme meetings, capability demonstrations and Workshops).
Specific hands on experience with:
• Microsoft SQL 2008, 2012, 2016 HA Cluster build.
• Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business.
• Cisco UCS, ACA.
• NetAPP San.
• VMware NSX 6.0, vRealize 6.0.
• Microsoft HyperV and ESXI.
• Barracuda Firewall / Web Application Firewall.
• F5, Clearswift ICAP.
• AWS services and solutions.
Ability to conduct:
• Planning, scheduling and monitoring engineering tasks.
• Management of engineering budgets through Control Account Management and Earned Value Management.
• Risk identification and mitigation planning.
An enquiring and innovative approach to tasks and challenges.
Information Systems, Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP
Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNP, Cisco CCDP
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Integration1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.