Job Requisition:AIC Delivery Manager
The objective of the Aeronautical Information Capability (AIC) Programme is "To provide UK Defence with global access to reliable, timely, accurate, and, where applicable, assured and legislatively aligned, worldwide Aeronautical Information which is fit for purpose to enable safe Defence aviation activities."
Leidos is seeking an Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) subject matter expert (SME) with a good working knowledge of current UK MOD Aeronautical Information Services and who could fulfil the role of Delivery Manager for the Bid and Programme.
The role initially will be up to 3 months in duration with the potential for a full time role in the event of a successful bid outcome. The successful candidate will be required on site in Farnborough from 2 Sep 19.
You will have recent operational AIM experience within the UK Defence environment. Your operational experience will have given you a sound understanding of current Defence AIM business processes, products, applications and data.
You will be comfortable working in a dynamic, collaborative and multi-vendor bid environment.
In addition, you will have a proven track record of managing and delivering successful IT modernisation programmes/projects.
Skills and Knowledge
• In depth understanding of AIM in the UK Defence context
• AIM data architecture and management (quality, usability and safety)
• AIM Data standards (DAFIF, ARINC 424, AXIM, SWIM)
• AIM interoperability (Military and Civil; UK, Europe and USA)
• Aeronautical information products and their dissemination
• Knowledge of current AIM supply chain, products, applications and services
• AIM safety standards
• Systems engineering and delivery
• Ability to support Work Package development and EVM
• SC Clearance
• E2E management and assurance of safety critical AIM data
• Aeronautical Data Quality Implementing Rule (ADQ IR) compliance to EC Regulation 73/2010 that defines the standard for aeronautical information quality assurance
• Defence and Civilian aeronautical information sharing through the Allied Aeronautical Sub-Group (AASG) of the Allied System for Geospatial Intelligence (ASG)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.