Job Requisition:Platform Engineer
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Leidos you will:
• Work with external and internal customers to enable them to achieve their cloud transformation objectives – encompassing the design, development and enhancement of solutions to create efficient business systems;
• Be responsible for innovative design and implementation of enterprise cloud computing infrastructure and platforms;
• Provide technical design input and participation in technical review meetings;
• Provide support and advice to operational infrastructure teams to enable efficient operation and problem resolution of customer infrastructures;
• Define, create, maintain, and enhance systems procedures and documentation to ensure the customer solutions and systems are fully documented;
• Technically lead on the design and implementation of cloud infrastructures to ensure successful delivery of industry leading solutions;
• Provide technical input to the creation of infrastructure project proposals in technical review meetings and for presentation to customers to guarantee best practice and ensure profitable delivery;
• Partner with our internal authorities to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best practises and our architectural target state;
• Develop standardised approaches, patterns and blueprints to secure design, scripted deployment, and maintenance tasks;
• Drive adoption of key engineering best practices, supporting team members to improve quality, efficiency and reliability of deliverables.
Leidos strives to be a recognised global leader in solving important problems in national, security, health and infrastructure. What you do, where you work, and who’s in your team are important. After all, you spend a lot of your time and energy at work. Leidos employees are smart people focused on solving the world's most-daunting challenges. The work requires insight, ingenuity, and commitment to the field.
WHO DO WE NEED?
Our people operate within programmes of work. Specifically,, for this role you will work as part of a small team to transition the test and development services from the current incumbent to Leidos; assisting with activities such as site due diligence, Leidos site readiness, validation of procedures and assets, receive training in the services being taken over. As part of taking on the service you will work with your team to replicate the incumbent test and development services onto a new hosted platform.
TECHNOLOGIES: IBM tooling, DB2, AIX, Tivoli, WebSphere, Oracle, Java
Other desirable skills:
• Solid understanding and experience of ITIL (Foundation as a minimum) and Service Management;
• Solid understanding of Project lifecycles and methodologies (agile, scrum, Kanban, lean, xp, waterfall PRINCE2 and PMBOK);
• Experience of Cloud and Cloud implementations (Azure, AWS) including IaC;
• Experience of Office365 including migrations;
• Scripting experience (PowerShell)
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Flexible working;
• Individual development plans, coaching, mentoring and excellent training opportunities;
• Contributory Pension Scheme;
• Private Medical Insurance;
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays);
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Field Operations1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.