Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We have a new requirement for a Senior Contracts Manager to join our Leidos Innovations UK ltd. The role holder will assist and report directly to the Head of Contracts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides commercial, contractual and technical interpretation on contract terms and conditions
- Leads contractual interactions with the Customer
- Leads in the identification and preparation of contract change proposals
- Review, scrutinize, and develop operational process flows
- Ensure that the financial aspects and impact of the contract are clear to all parties
- Ensure that all stakeholders, such as administration, operations, and finance understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the customer commercial/contracts team with regular face to face interaction
- Prepare responses to queries by undertaking customs, excise, or export controls technical research
- Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing UK export controls (Military and Dual Use) trade procedures and documentation
- Keeps appraised of matters affecting trade compliance requirements
- Must be a working manager, taking an active role in the performance of the contract and proactively working to identify risks, issues and opportunities and develop and implement strategies to mitigate the risks, resolve the issues and capitalize on the opportunities, and will be willing to cross functional lines to provide support to the programme leadership team when and where needed
- Support role in regular, intensive weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual technical and financial governance meetings in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate independently and communicate effectively, both internally, with technical staff, peers, and management as well as externally, with customers, regulators and others
- Strong comprehension of programme technical performance metrics and financial status
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Liaison with other Leidos operating units and corporate departments where applicable
- Support to Supply chain where needed with flow down of requirements and support to key subcontract issues where they may impact the Prime contract.
Key Result Areas:
- Assist with preparation of contract change proposals
- Assist with preparation of international trade compliance reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing UK export controls (Military and Dual Use) and US export controls (ITAR and EAR) trade procedures and documentation would be advantageous
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.