Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Description of Business Environment:
To work as part of the UK HR team delivering HR solutions to the business agnostically, whilst supporting the overall HR mission and vision. Reporting to the HR Shared Services Manager the primary focus will be Employee Relations with secondary focus being delivery of ad hoc HR projects. Develop good working relationships with management and support on all HR related matters, be knowledgeable about HR policies and practices and understand key business drivers and imperatives.
Specific Job Description:
Working within the HR Shared Service Centre, the main role will be to provide quality advice and guidance to managers on day-to-day activities across the organisation, ensuring policies are applied fairly and consistently. This role will understand key business drivers and support Line HR in order to add value to the business and the delivery of the overall HR strategy by managing projects.
In particular the role will include:
- Responsible for HR operations and employee relations including providing advice and guidance on understanding and interpreting UK and European legislation.
- Case management including advice, guidance and support for example on, performance & capability reviews, absence management, resolution of grievance and disciplinary issues and complex family friendly and handling all associated administration and filing. Update the case tracker as appropriate.
- Responsible for visa/sponsorship queries.
- Support Divisional HR Leads with business programme/bid deliverables for example, consultation meetings, TUPE, redundancy, restructures, change management and integration activities
- Proactively support the delivery of HR initiatives including but not limited to the performance appraisal cycle, annual pay & bonus reviews etc.
- Develop, produce & deliver HR Management Training to develop HR capability within the management teams across the business.
- Assist with project work in line with the HR strategy including developing and implementing automated HR solutions.
- Highlight to the Centres of Expertise any impact to the Company of changes to policy, practice and employment legislation and support any resulting changes.
- Be the general point of escalation for the HR Advisor team.
- Understand all HR policies and procedures and provide advice and guidance to managers.
- Support management of HR operations by ensuring workload is planned, managed and delivered against milestones. Ensuring that stakeholders are kept updated and issues are identified early, solutions developed and implemented.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to members of the Shared Services Team.
Key skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience, be CIPD qualified and have demonstrated experience in a HR role
- Good IT system skills including Microsoft Office products and HRIS system knowledge
- Possess an understanding of UK and European employment law with experience in handling sensitive employee relations issues
- Previous experience in managing a wide range of issues including the transfer of staff under TUPE, redundancies etc.
- Proactive and focused on continuous improvement
- Ability to work well in a team across multiple sites and actively seeks the ideas of others, and openly shares information
- Have a strong work ethic and experience of fast-paced and demanding working environments and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated capability of building effective relationships and facilitating solutions across multiple stakeholders, in the UK and Internationally
- Ability to prioritise issues, foresee and manage potential conflicts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people of all levels
- Confident self-starter, enthusiastic and committed, organised and flexible.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working Practices
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.