Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Reporting to the Finance & Business Operations Senior Manager the Programme Financial Analyst is responsible for providing Programme Financial Control and ensuring the integrity of all Programme financial data for a new and significant programme in the National Security Portfolio.
As a finance business partner they will work closely with the programme team creating a real and active partnership with both operations and programme management. The role will provide 'real time' support and analysis, being a trusted adviser and adding value that will assist in decision making.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties of this position include a wide variety of finance oriented tasks, primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be a key member of the Programme Management Team and act as a Finance Business Partner
- Develop, track and update the programme baseline
- Establish programme financial business rhythms, including running cost review meetings
- Ownership of monthly closing process
- validate awards, backlog, revenue and operating income
- track and analyse actual costs against baseline
- accountable for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- provide commentary on variances and identification of financial risks & opportunities against financial forecasts
- Development and overall management of programme forecasts and Estimate At Complete (EAC) including provision of Earned Value Management (EVM) metrics
- Perform both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level.
- Responsible for producing programme financial customer deliverables, including updating of Customer Cost Model as required
- Generate financial presentations for programme or operational reviews
- Pricing of new business opportunities as required
- Provide accurate analysis and finance support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams to enable insightful decision making
- Use analysis and other programme knowledge, to predict, understand and constructively influence the financial outcomes of programme
The candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet project and finance deadlines. The successful candidate will take ownership of decisions made.
- Previous experience providing financial data on a large programme
- Recognised accounting qualification e.g. CIMA
- Organised, thorough, with attention to detail and good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Earned Value experience
- Pricing/Cost Estimating experience
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.