Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Reporting to the Division Finance & Business Operations Director this position is responsible for defining and developing all financial activity for the Transport Portfolio. They will be overseeing a number of programmes through various aspects of the programme life cycle including, but not limited to, proposal strategies, price generation, programme execution and close-out.
As a finance business partner they will work closely with the programme team and Portfolio Director creating a real and active partnership with both operations and programme management. The role will provide 'real time' support and analysis, being a trusted adviser and adding value that will assist in decision making.
Duties & Responsibilities
A broad range of financial and business acumen will be required for this position including a familiarity of business processes associated with Programme Control, Pricing, Financial Planning and Analysis. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply broad working knowledge of programme management & business operations to establish required business operations tools, processes and governance, ensuring full programme impacts and interactions understood
- Be a key member of the Programme Management Team and act as a Finance Business Partner
- Manage, coordinate and control all aspects of finance for programme performance including actuals, budgets, forecasts, analysis and reporting ensuring the development of financial strategies necessary to achieve programme financial goals.
- Review and communicate status of programme financial performance to Senior Management and support Corporate reporting requirements
- Oversee cost and pricing strategies within the portfolio as well as proposal price, identifying dependencies and interfaces to ensure proposal deadlines are achieved
- Support capture managers in business case and commercial elements of capture effort
- Manage the development and negotiations of contract price proposals that appropriately balance risk and profit.
- Oversee monthly closing process
- validate awards, backlog, revenue and operating income
- track and analyse actual costs against baseline
- accountable for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- provide commentary on variances and identification of financial risks & opportunities against financial forecasts
- Development and overall management of programme forecasts and Estimate At Complete (EAC) including provision of Earned Value Management (EVM) metrics
- Perform both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level.
- Provide accurate analysis and finance support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams to enable insightful decision making
The candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet programme and finance deadlines. The successful candidate will take ownership of decisions made.
- Strong background in general accounting, financial management
- Knowledge in pricing, estimating/cost modelling and proposal activities
- Professional accounting/finance qualification
- Knowledge of facilitating solutions collaboratively with customers and suppliers
- Team player but can also work independently and proactively
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment.
- Experience of working on large programmes
- Experience in supervising/managing team
- Earned Value experience
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.