Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are now looking for a Senior Software/Automation Developer to join our team.
The Senior Software/Automation Developer role is an exciting and interesting opportunity for anyone wishing to be involved with automation. This role is to provide automation tooling to support a customer who operates a major UK infrastructure. The automation functions will provide support for orchestration services that provision Cisco network and virtual infrastructure using a variety of different products and API calls. The automation team is providing business specific design and code that sit on top of those tools in order to support critical Air Traffic Management systems in day-to-day operations. This is a great role to get an understanding of automation in a very important real world example and bolster any existing automation skills.
- Agile team lead
- Must be able to run and lead customer-facing events, such as sprint planning, backlog refinement etc.
- Must be able to status and negotiate the art of possible with project management
- Must be able to estimate with the team and project projects over mid-term.
- Must have experience of being a Scrum Master and therefore a good facilitator
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Able to lead the team in a high pressure environment and motivate
- Good technical software background
- Must be experienced in python
- Must have a strong software background
- Must be experienced in TDD.
- Must be experienced in CI (continuous integration)
- Experienced in providing automated verification evidence
- Experience of Test Verification processes for external customers.
- Basic knowledge of networking to at least layer 2 in the OSI model
- Aware of engineering practises and general assurance principles
- Aware of working in customer secure environments
- Good systems engineering and verification background
- Ideally requires a full stack development lead.
- Must be able to lead the team in producing high quality IDDs and design documents.
- Security vetting
- SC required
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.