Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have several permanent vacancies for Integration & Verification Test Engineers with experience of testing large scale Systems, Services and applications within a Mission Critical Systems\Services Integration environment. Applicants must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of key I&V activities as assigned by the I&V Lead. The successful I&V test engineer will work with customers, suppliers and our wider I&V team to design, create and execute system integration tests. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided as required, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate integration test experience, ideally within a virtualised cloud based infrastructure.
Working within a team of testers, duties will include:
- Reviewing of requirements and design documents to generate Test Cases including identifying test data and defining test environment needs
- Creating and reviewing test plans and test designs, working with third party suppliers to ensure requirements coverage.
- Creating, reviewing and optimizing Testing Processes.
- Preparation and Execution of Test Cases (manual & automated) to test the system and verify functional (model based) requirements
- Preparation and Execution of Test Cases (manual & automated) to test the system and verify safety, security, resilience, service management and other non-functional (DOORS based) requirements
- Preparation and Execution of Test Cases (manual & automated) to test the system and verify (model based) user scenarios
- Producing Test Reports and report on interim progress
- Documenting of test results and any defects
- Reporting progress, risks & issues to Team Leads
- Investigating issues and working with suppliers to identify root cause and resolution
- Analysing data and test evidence from suppliers to show compliance to requirements
- Strong test experience (ideally part with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), a period of which in systems and\or integration testing
- Demonstrable Testing experience including virtualised infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces;
- Ability to analyse and review test evidence from suppliers;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Good time management and organisational skills – ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Knowledge of test automation concepts such as keyword driven framework;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- Knowledge of the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling tools
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.