Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Test Lead/Senior Network Test Engineer to join our Infrastructure Test and Assurance Team in our Air Traffic Management portfolio of programmes. The Test Lead, based in Whiteley, will be responsible for leading and managing the testing and assuring of the Infrastructure Services being provided to our customer for their large scale Air Traffic Management Integration Programme. Applicants must have experience of Test Leadership on various projects, including large scale Infrastructure and virtualisation projects and must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance.
The successful candidate will have experience of Infrastructure as a Service projects, including network and infrastructure performance testing and will be able to quickly assimilate large, complex network architectures.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The successful candidate will lead a small multi-disciplinary team of test, network and infrastructure engineers to conduct performance, resilience and service assurance testing of a large complex infrastructure deployment, including virtual compute and MPLS networks across multiple sites (Data Centres, Operational Centres and multiple remote sites).
Specific duties may include:
- Provide goals and objectives for the team in line with the Test Plan
- Creating detailed plans for testing, including testing on remote sites
- Creating and maintaining Test Designs for network and infrastructure testing
- Leading a small multi-disciplinary team to conduct the testing and investigate issues
- Create Test Reports and assurance documentation
- Ensure work is on schedule, within budget and meets expectations
- Working with the wider Leidos test community to stay current with evolving Leidos processes, tools and methods
- Significant experience (5 – 10 years) within large scale infrastructure and virtualisation projects
- Experience of test planning, management and execution, preferably in large scale, complex virtualised and cloud computing environments
- Able to use understanding of customer needs and expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives
- Can deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation
- Demonstrates commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices
- Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches
- Experience of using commercial network test tools (Spirent, Ixia etc.)
- Experience of Cisco networks and virtualisation technologies
- CCNA certifications in Cloud, Data Centre, Routing and Switching
- Knowledge of professional engineering practices and best practices for the full development life cycle
- Experience of delivering into a Service Management organisation
- Ability to provide clear technical leadership whilst working collaboratively with a wider solution team
- Strong problem-solving with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Strategic thinker, coupled with an output focused approach to getting the job done
- Quick learner with an in-depth understanding of the capability
- Strong knowledge of Service Management and its application to the delivery of successful services
What do we do for you?
- We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
- We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.