Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have several permanent vacancies for Systems Engineering Architects with experience of defining and designing large scale Systems, Services and applications within a Mission Critical Systems\Services Integration environment. Applicants must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance.
You will be required to support the execution of Systems Architecture and Systems Engineering activities on a large-scale system of systems integration project. Whilst this role will include the production of a variety of architectural solutions and engineering artefacts, a key part of the role will be solving complex problems under your own initiative and providing leadership to others. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
You will have a full understanding of the principles of systems architecture and systems engineering, be able to demonstrate past successes in working at senior levels within and\or leading diverse engineering teams and will have prior experience as a Systems Architect for a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using your experience in Systems Architecture and Systems Engineering, you will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Architecture activities across the full lifecycle
Specific duties may include:
- Taking ownership and driving definition of large portions of the systems of systems architecture solution to integrate new and existing systems together within the over-arching service orientated architecture
- Driving, and contributing to, detailed high level design activities of owned areas of the systems of systems architecture
- Defining transition strategies of how defined solutions could be safely brought into operation
- Defining architectural solutions comprising multiple underpinning COTS and bespoke designs and driving the competitive selection of these technologies
- Interaction with operational users and stakeholders to elicit requirements, document requirements & scenarios into text and model based tools and then produce corresponding solutions to meet these in tight timescales
- Driving detailed definition of user requirements and scenarios
- Modelling operational, business and system behaviours within architectural views
- Conducting cost/benefit/technical trade studies
- Defining system and service architectures
- Leading a small team of architects and systems engineers
- Driving design details including interface definition and production of design documentation
- Evolving architectural solutions to meet safety, security, performance, capacity, supportability and other non-functional considerations
- Success in working within large-scale, mission critical and complex integration programmes
- Ability to work with a number of stakeholders and suppliers, working across organizational boundaries and providing technical leadership between teams as appropriate
- Demonstrable successes within the System Engineering or System Architecture environment
- Excellent customer facing, including being able to ingest large volumes of requirements and information, developing clear understanding of customer hot-buttons and needs, building rapour with the client and leading teams to create holistic, relevant, durable and elegant solutions demonstrating cognisance, understanding and relevance in response.
- Experience of shaping architectural solutions on large and complex programmes translating often complex technical environments into coherent and understandable solutions communicated both orally and in the written form
- Demonstrable experience of architectural design within industry recognised architecture frameworks
- Demonstrable experience in the systems design of large, complex and mission critical IT systems, services and transformation programmes
- Demonstrable knowledge and cognisance of adjacent disciplines, including systems engineering, programme management, customer relationship management, supplier management and service management
- In-depth experience across a number of broad technology disciplines, including domains such as digital transformation, application consolidation, infrastructure design & migration (including Cloud & Data Centre), software development, service integration, and data analytics.
- In-depth experience of conducting detailed systems engineering trade solutions to assess options & feasibility, and define optimal solutions
- Strong knowledge of Service Management and its application to the delivery of successful services.
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security and Safety Assurance and its application to modern secure IT systems and services
- Strong knowledge of requirements and user scenario development in both text based and model based approaches
- Success with designing / delivering systems in a Virtualised Environment
- Experience of working with Service Oriented Architecture
- ITIL including Service Management Roles & Processes
- Experience with Architecture Modelling Frameworks and Languages (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, NAF, SysML, Archimate)
- Experience with architecture modelling tools (e.g. Sparx Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw Cameo)
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management or other safety related systems
- Demonstrable commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices
- Experience of service management, assurance and regulation requirements and how they apply across functional boundaries
- Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches
- Ability to deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation
What do we do for you?
- We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
- We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.